Every time a verse is published is also an opportunity to unfold the website with small incremental changes. This sequence of changes is a subtle evolution of the site and is documented here. The first list is of transformation that have already been applied to the site. The second is list of potential transformations that are presently visible to me and may manifest in the future.
- March 21, 2021 – Verse 1: Launch
- April 4, 2021 – Verse 2: Add image seed generator text for registered users.
- April 18, 2021 – Verse 3:
- Add selected Sanskrit keywords to each verse
- create a process progress indicator
- add a process progress indicator to the main verses page
- add a process progress indicator to the process page
- May 2, 2021 – Verse 4:
- Add this “Site Unfolding” page
- Add links from each verse to its related journal entry.
- Update the process page to reflect the changes that have unfolded in the actual process I follow: from one process to 3 processes that are woven together over a longer period of time.
- May 16, 2021 – Verse 5
- On the verse pages, add journal entry titles to the buttons that link to the journal entries.
- Add a Q&A view of the verses
- Create a vocabulary page that maps the introduction of keywords (English and Sanskrit) as they arise in the verses.
- Add a picture of Ziva & Paul to the about page.
- Add red/green colors to the process progress indicator to indicate that painting is on hold for spring/summer while study and sharing continue.
- May 30, 2021 – Verse 6
- June 13, 2021 – Verse 7
- Move the Colebrook book higher up (alongside the other books) in the sources page and modify its description to acknowledge my fresh sense of its value.
- Added the Micheal Neely translation to the sources page.
- July 11, 2021 – Verse 9
- A “notes” field has been added to the underlying structure as a place for additional information that is not directly present in a verse. This is a latent potential born in response to the ongoing inquiry and is not yet expressed on the website.
- Enable sort and search in the keywords table
- August 22, 2021 – Verse 12
- Add “integrating commentaries” to the process.
- October 3rd, 2021 – Verse 15
- Update the “Sharing process” in the creative process page: move the painting preparation to the first step, add keyword revision and add linking verse and journal entry.
- Expanding the last paragraph of the about page into a description of the different phases of work.
Following are potential future transformations:
- Organize the Q&A view into groups of verses
- Redesign the process progress indicator
Improve layout of the keywords table
- As sources seem to be accumulating consider converting them to a custom post type.